Serenity Centre is a pioneer NGO registered under the NGO Statue 1989 with a mission to provide holistic services to the individuals, families and communities affected by substance use and related illnesses. From a humble beginning since August 2001, Serenity Centre has continued to offer a number of rehabilitation programs to individuals who struggle with Alcoholism, drug addiction (Heroin, Cocaine, and Marijuana,) prescribed medication and many related substances.
In order to offer its services efficiently and effectively, the Centre seeks to recruit suitably qualified individuals on full time basis for the vacant positions below;
- CLINICAL COORDINATOR-One (1) Post.
- Carry out orientation of Counsellors in line with the Vision, Mission and strategic objectives of Serenity Centre.
- Provides 24/day-to-day oversight, coordination and clinical leadership to the Clinical team through demonstrating excellence in clinical & leadership skills as well as knowledge of international best practices in addiction management and general care as well as state of the art equipment/techniques for best care practice
- Assist in the development, monitoring and evaluation of short and long term programs for Serenity Centre.
- Able to orient clients into the treatment program and clearly communicate expectations and requirements for participation, upon admission to the rehabilitation.
- Guiding Clinical team meetings to review each client’s progress and adherence to recovery as per the Serenity Centre Treatment Protocol.
- Develop Annual outreach plans in coordination with the relevant officers according to program needs and capacity.
- Ensure database(s) maintenance which include(s) client information from assessment, progress notes, aftercare, community follow-up and group therapy.
- Organize and establish meetings on regular basis with designated Counselors to foster positive relationships and monitor quality of work, strengths and weaknesses of the counselor.
- Organize training seminars to address staff needs and identify relevant external training opportunities. Continually develop counseling staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and coaching.
- Track expenditures. Continually monitor the program’s budget performance and make recommendations to the ED.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests from other departments and within the department as well as developing materials for sharing and updating the Centre website.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management; discovering irregularities; determining continuing needs.
- Develop resource database for books, audio + visual aide’s and literature for counselors and clients.
- Organize educational workshops and sessions for families and relevant awareness activities (study tours, Awareness creation etc)
1) Masters in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology from a recognized University.
2) Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Sufficient experience from equivalent training levels and registered with Nursing Council.
3) Knowledge of Substance Abuse and Addiction management.
4) Preferably with basic knowledge in medical field/clinical.
5) Clinical Psychologists/Counseling Psychologists with training in Public health stand advantageous.
6) Experience at least five (5) years of experience in the same or related field.
7) Applicants should be 30 years of age and above.
- PSYCHIATRIC NURSE-One (1) Post
- Assess clients seeking admission at Serenity Centre.
- Prepare a report on clients’ assessed and recommend admission or referral for treatment elsewhere.
- ,Receive files from administration for clients who have been admitted,
- Examine and organize clients to be assessed by the Consulting Psychiatrist.
- Admit, register and assign beds to clients and also provide nursing care to clients.
- Participate in Preparation of duty roster for nurses and attend to sick clients following the treatment prescribed.
- Participate in ward rounds and review of clients, submit requisitions for drugs and purchase of specialized medicines for client.
- Provide health education to both clients and relatives, participate in outreach program for community education.
- Manage and account for resources allocated to the Unit.
- A minimum of a Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Must be registered with Nursing Council.
- Basic Counseling skills and Knowledge in addiction management.
- At least one year working experience in the same or related field.
- Applicants Must be 25 years and above.
- HUMAN RESOURCE/ ADMINISTRATOR- One (1) Post
The overall purpose of the position holder is to ensure smooth human resource management functions and administrative functions related to Serenity Centre treatment and rehabilitation of individuals with alcohol use disorders and substance use following organizational policies and procedures.
Human Resources Management Roles.
a) Plan and facilitating HR activities in the team: contract, recruitment, employee relation and ensuring developing job descriptions for current/new positions, assisting the progress of job planning and performance management as well as maintaining current organizational chart and current staff contact list.
b) Promote the HR function through induction, Open and maintain employees’ files, grant leaves and permission to staff, Monitor staff performance and attendance, recommend and execute annual staff development plans.
c) Recommend and execute policies, procedures, rules, regulations for employees in compliance with Ugandan Labor Laws and other related instruments.
d) Review and update all human resources policies to meet the organization’s needs, Monitor and record employee time sheets and leave requests and Support for procedures or papers relating to personnel or staffing issues
a) Attend to and provide timely responses to the clients
b) Ensure that maintenance of Serenity Centre buildings is done timely.
c) Directly supervise the security guards and ensure that clients participate in activities as per the time table, directly supervise the Hygiene team to ensure maximum cleanliness at all times and gardeners to have constant food, vegetable and fruits production.
d) Maintain an updated list of suppliers in liaison with the procurement committee.
e) Manage the Centre’s assets, office equipment and supplies
f) Monitor and supervise purchases and stock.
g) Supervise the administration of the organizational vehicles.
h) Together with the clinical team, plan staff well fare/self-care.
- University degree in administration, human resource management or other relevant discipline.
- A least 6 years experience working as an HR and administrative officer for an international organization/NGO.
- Emotional maturity and skillful in interpersonal, time management, communication, and problem solving skills
- Very good computer skills in internet, MS office
- Experience in team building gained in the similar work environment is an added advantage.
- Must be 35 years and above.
How to Apply:
Interested Candidates should send their applications, photocopies of Certified Academic documents and resume with 3 referees to:
The Executive Director,
Serenity Centre (A Journey into New Life),
Bwebajja- Kabulamuliro, off Entebbe Road, P.O.Box 31749, Kampala, Uganda.
- All applicants MUST send a soft copy of their application plus all the attachments to this email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- All interested candidates MUST Deliver a hard copy to Serenity Centre Premises:
Kabulamuliro, Bwebajja off Entebbe Road, St.Theresa, Akright stretch.
Applications should reach the above addresses not later than Friday 16th April, 2021 by 5:00pm EAT.
Note: Serenity Centre is an equal opportunities employer and all eligible individuals are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.